Treatment with tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes versus ipilimumab for advanced melanoma
Professor John Haanen from the Netherlands Cancer Institute presented the first randomized phase 3 trial on treatment with tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes vs. ipilimumab for advanced melanoma at this years ESMO Congress.
The main points of the interview include:
• In melanoma immun checkpoint inhibitors together with targeted agents really revolutinized the outcomes of patients. What was the rational behind the use of tumor infilitrating lymphocytes and how does it work?
• Patient population, study design
• The primary endpoint (PFS), response rates, OS
• Safety profile of TIL, quality of life assessment
• Potential role of TIL as a melanoma treatment in the future